1968 Morgan V8
Owner purchased this car a couple of months ago, the previous owner brought the car to a shop and they started a mechanical restoration, and stopped. Ten year later and the car was brought into our shop. This car is believed to be one of very first Morgan V8s, and we are currently looking into the history of the car.
So we did find a shifter from a different Moss box, had to short it in on the lath, for a perfect fit.
We filled engine, transmission, rear end with the appropriate Penrite oils and lubricants, primed the engine oil till it was showing pressure before starting it up to ensure the bearings had a healthy supply of oil. We fitted new Vredestein Classics tires in the right size on the refurbished wheels.
Ignition on, crank the starter motor and it fired up first time, check and set ignition, mixture , etc.
We fitted the soft top and followed our test drive process to make sure that all is to factory fresh standards, so you can get in and drive off on an adventure without having to worry about anything.
End result one happy customer and another British Classic Sports car on the road.
Hand brake handle was missing, we modified one from a MG Midget and manufactured the mounting brackets and the other pieces to make everything work.
The engine is installed all accessories hooked up, exhaust manifolds were also missing did find a pair from an Rover SD1 and with some
small modifications on the manifolds and the exiting down pipes the complete system is in place.
All electrics are hooked up, water pump was missing as well we used one from a Buick 215 and locate period correct a pulley.
Last hurdle were the wrong air filter adaptors and the missing air filter box, we did modify some adaptors that we had in stock changed the air filter too K&N and filled up with all the fluids and started up the engine, after some adjustments it runs very nice.
One of the problems when a restoration gets stalled and TAKES 10 year, PARTS START DISAPPEARING, so we had to manufacture hydraulic clutch lines figure out how and were all the component were fitted, and make our list of items missing and items we will need to manufacture for the Morgan.
After a close examination we found crack in the chassis on both sides
were the engine mounts are fitted, these sections were repaired and
re-enforced, primed and painted. Then the gearbox and engine where fitted.